Halloween is just around the corner and it’s the best time to creatively express yourself! I bet your inner makeup queen or king, is yearning to Level Up your costume by rocking a fierce and creative Halloween look. As the years go by, Halloween makeup ideas and products continue to evolve for beauty lovers. But we need to take a moment and wonder if our skin is ready for layers of foundation, concealer, illuminating powders, latex, heavy mascara, glittery or dark eye shadow and matte or shiny lipstick?
We don’t want you to miss out, so here is how you prep your skin to create the perfect canvas for your outstanding Halloween look!
- I know you know this one but here it is – drink water. Your outer appearance suffers if you don’t look after yourself inside. Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated and this will five your skin a chance to look and feel refreshed.
- Exfoliate your skin. There’s no point in adding layers of makeup on top of dead skin cells – yes, I know that sounds gross but it’s true! Scrub your skin with skin friendly exfoliating ingredients to smooth your skin and remove dirt.
- It’s doesn’t all have to be boring! Treat your skin to an invaluable pamper session with Gold Collagen® Hydrogel Mask, perfect for reviving dehydrated and tired-looking skin. With its carefully selected ingredients including antioxidants and hyaluronic acid, it will support your skin’s natural renewal process for a radiant and healthy glow. Some of our customers find that their makeup goes on easier after using the mask, so this is a great mask to add to your make-up preparation!
- Always use primer! Think of primer as a protective layer between your skin and your makeup, it also reduces the appearance of pores, so your makeup looks flawless. Don’t believe me? Click here to see the popular primer vs no primer orange. Allow the primer to dry and then apply moisturiser and then you can go crazy with your makeup.
- Your beauty regime should always include a moisturiser that is best suited for your skin type. If you do not have dry skin, opt for an oil-free moisturiser that will keep your skin hydrated and is great in helping to create a base for your make-up.
TOP TIP: If your lips are going to be centre stage of your Halloween look then, for a smoother pout you need to use Gold Collagen® Anti-Ageing Lip Volumiser for fuller looking lips. It is infused with ingredients such as Almond, Shea Butter, Coconut Oil and Beeswax that have hydrating, healing and anti-inflammatory properties. It will keep you looking and feeling your best for the evening ahead and even after the night it will help to protect and repair the moisture barrier of your lips. Winning!